Teacher Training Materials of Professor Dr David Ngin Sian Pau
Lesson Plan for 9 year olds
Time: 40 minutes
Unit: Food and drink
Activities Time Materials
1. Sing “Polly put the kettle on”
2. Listen to story. How many “food words” 10 min. Mrs. G’s story in the
do you hear(7)? Go through them. Green file
3. Repeat shopping dialogue for pupils.
Then oral pair work. Pick grocer, baker, butcher, 10 min. Dialogue from Tuesday
and sweet shop owner for next lesson’s shop lesson.
(Maria, Peter, Les & Anna)
4. Choice of reading or writing exercise:
(a) Multiple choice exercise from MGP
Series 6 “Table Manners”.
(b) Write a shopping list for tea party/dinner/ 10 min.(More?) MGP magazines.
5. Make flashcards for the four shops.
Make sure all shops covered. Maybe extra 10 min.(Less?) List of food for the shops
exercise. on board. Crayons.
NB! Ask Maria to bring her bakers hat next lesson.
Ref.: Scott, Wendy A. and Ytreberg, Lisbeth H., Teaching English To Children, Longman group UK 1990, pp.103
Copy Right©Professor Dr David Ngin Sian Pau